Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of writing. We will endeavour to keep our plans up‑to‑date, but due to the changing situation, things can quickly change.
In past times, the church was known as a sanctuary. A place of refuge from the world’s physical and spiritual burdens and threats. It is a place to pray and find peace with God and one another. My prayer is that our church will always be this kind of place.
In the last few weeks, the COVID‑19 virus (Omicron variant) has unleashed a wave of cases unmatched by earlier variants. In Queensland, we see case numbers like never before in our experience of this pandemic. Is the church still a safe place to be? I pray it is.
To allow you to make an informed decision about the present circumstances, I wish to inform you of decisions, including government restrictions, regarding the church and our ministries.
Current government restrictions
- Face masks are required in all indoor spaces.
- You do not need to wear a mask outdoors if you can maintain a 1.5m physical distance from people that aren’t members of your household.
- Children under 12 years and people affected by a medical condition or disability do not lawfully have to wear a face mask.
- There are some exemptions to not wearing a face mask, please check if unsure.
Churches (Places of worship)
- Churches (places of worship) are not required to check vaccination status upon entry.
- We’re required to collect the contact information of church attendees and visitors. This is done through the Check‑in QLD app upon arrival.
- We are required to follow capacity limits for our facilities. We have chosen to apply 100% seating with ticketed and allocated seating.
- As an added measure, bookings will now block the seats next to your booking. Households can book seats together.
- If you wish to sit next to someone, who agrees to do so, they will need to be included in the same booking.
Update on our COVID Safe Plans
In addition, we are making some changes to our onsite ministries.
- Encourage and remind all attendees and visitors to wear face masks.
- Check the temperature of all volunteers, attendees and visitors upon arrival.
- Block seats either side of bookings
- Maintain stock levels of disinfectant wipes, hand sanitiser, and masks.
- Review our COVID Safe plans in accordance with government restrictions.
Creche and Sunday School
- Resume Sunday school ministry earlier to alleviate numbers in the Chapel.
- Move various (if not all) activities outside, weather permitting.
- Set up a marquee to provide shade.
- Morning tea will be arranged outside.
- Open glass door (creche) for better ventilation; set up a child safe gate for security.
What you can do
- If you develop any symptoms (more information), please stay home and get tested:
- loss of smell/taste;
- sore throat;
- shortness of breath;
- aches and pains;
- runny or stuffy nose;
- vomiting or nausea.
- Please book your seat/s in advance on our website.
- Please bring your mask with you. If, for whatever reason, you do not have a mask we will provide one upon arrival.
- Please ensure you use the Check‑in QLD app upon arrival. If you have checked in before arriving at the chapel, please show your confirmation screen.
- Allow the check‑in attendant to check your temperature and use hand sanitiser before entering the building.
- If you’re willing and able, please get vaccinated. If you’re eligible, consider getting your booster shot.
- Please inform the church, if you’ve contracted the virus or close contact of a positive case.